A career doesn’t happen overnight, but by following a few simple steps and getting some work experience under your belt, you’ll be in a successful career sooner than you can imagine.
Build Your Brand
- Use mock interviews to practice your answers and get over nerves
- Ask William Blue Industry Advisors for career counselling and coaching
- Practice your elevator pitch – can you get your ambitions across quickly?
Be Found, Be Connected
- Increase your digital footprint by engaging with social media
- Attend events and get involved in you career through:
- Employer presentations
- LinkedIn employer presentations
- Career expos
- Recruitment days
- Volunteer events
- Industry networks
Charge your Career
- Undertake work placements and internships
- Find employment in your field
- Work on live industry projects
- Find a real world challenge in your field
Clarify Yourself and Your Purpose
- What are my interests?
- What motivates me?
- What are my strengths?
- Explore options and career possibilities