A career doesn’t happen overnight, but by following a few simple steps and getting some work experience under your belt, you’ll be in a successful career sooner than you can imagine.
Variety is the spice of life at William Blue...
"It's always challenging, changing, and the global opportunities are endless! I chose to study at William Blue because I liked the variety that the college offered. The course covered so many different areas, and offered practical on-the-job training as well, so it was the best option for me."
Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management)
Build Your Brand
- Use mock interviews to practice your answers and get over nerves
- Ask William Blue Industry Advisors for career counselling and coaching
- Practice your elevator pitch – can you get your ambitions across quickly?
Be Found, Be Connected
- Increase your digital footprint by engaging with social media
- Attend events and get involved in you career through:
- Employer presentations
- LinkedIn employer presentations
- Career expos
- Recruitment days
- Volunteer events
- Industry networks
Charge your Career
- Undertake work placements and internships
- Find employment in your field
- Work on live industry projects
- Find a real world challenge in your field
Clarify Yourself and Your Purpose
- What are my interests?
- What motivates me?
- What are my strengths?
- Explore options and career possibilities
Careers in Hospitality Management
The courses were challenging but gave me the general business and hospitality specific knowledge I needed to get to where I am now. William Blue graduates are well regarded and sought after in industry. I’m confident their qualifications will stand by you well – they certainly have worked for me.